- 2+ players
- A set of 10 dice per player
- The first person to get all 10 dice to the same number wins.
Additional Setup Notes
- All players should hold the dice in their hands prior to beginning.
The objective of the game is to be the first person to get all 10 dice to show the same number.
Every player should start by holding all 10 of their dice in their hands. Someone will begin the game by saying, “Go” and the players will begin rolling dice. After the first roll, each player will determine what number they are going for in subsequent rounds, setting aside dice that match that number in clusters before re-rolling. The players then re-roll all other dice except for the set-aside dice, attempting to roll more dice with that selected number. If a die matches the number selected on a roll, that die is set aside with the existing cluster and all other dice are gathered to roll again.
Players should roll and collect their dice quickly for subsequent games. After the first round, you don’t need to wait for other players to roll again, this is a game of speed and it’s played without taking turns.
In Tenzi, players race to get to the end with all dice showing the same number as fast as possible. The first player to get all 10 dice to match one number, wins.
Tenzi Strategy & Tips
- Tenzi is a simple game; the best way to maximize your chance to win a game of Tenzi is to pick the number that you have the most of after your first roll.
- If there isn’t a high match rate upon your first roll, you can either re-roll until you have matches or choose a number with a high probability.
Tenzi Variations and Alternate Rules
- Splitzi: As the name suggests, Splitzi has players choose two numbers they’ll try to get five of, the first one to get to the desired result yells “Splitzi” and wins.
- Mega Tenzi: Double the amount of dice and go for 20 per player.
- Stealzi: In this variation, players can steal the number they’re targeting from their opponents and replace it with one of their dice.
- There are four players getting ready to play, all players hold their ten dice in their hands.
- One of the players yells “Go”, and all players roll the first round together.
- Players choose the number they’ll aim for in the game.
- Everyone keeps rolling their dice until they have 10 of the same number.
- The first one to achieve 10 of the same number yells “Tenzi!” and wins the game.